WORKSHOP - LET’S TALK SAMADAI
HEPCA Cetacean Research Unit (CRU) is pleased to invite dive and aqua centers representatives and guides working in Samadai to a workshop to be held on the 26th of May at 7pm in Marsa Alam area. Your participation will be greatly appreciated!
In spite of Samadai being one of the world’s prime locations for dolphin watching, the opportunities it offers to visitors have been partially wasted. Tourists eager to get the most from their visit to Samadai not always receive the adequate level of information that such experience would require and deserve. Since June 2010, the CRU has been involved in a dedicate research programme, collecting data on dolphins and visiting the boats present in Samadai, and has also provided the guests with a short briefing about the site, the dolphins and the ongoing research projects. In these occasions we have been encouraged to organize a workshop in order to provide the people working in Samadai with that information that can help them adjust, tune and enrich their briefings and knowledge. The overall goal is common: make Samadai a worthy experience for your guests and also when dolphins are not there!
This workshop aims to:
* Provide a full picture of Samadai history, regulations and uniqueness;
* Cover the basic scientific knowledge about the spinner dolphins inhabiting the area;
* Illustrate the scientific results so far obtained by HEPCA team;
* Supply the attendants with printed, educational material useful during the briefing on board;
* Hand out to the attendants an exhaustive manual covering and deepening topics treated in the workshop;
* Receive feedback and suggestions to improve the management of the area.
Participation is free. Deadline for registration is May 18th, 2012. Please confirm your presence or ask for further information sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting HEPCA office at 065-3445035. Please note that only registered participants will receive a printed copy of the materials. Further details, including agenda and location of the event will be sent to registered participants after the 18th of May.
The HEPCA CRU team, Madda , Marina and Amina are very much looking forward to hearing from you and meeting you in person!