The program has been separated into five key sessions:
- The Parting of the Red Sea: A geological story of how the Red Sea began
- Our Living Coral Reef: Red Sea marine ecology
- Red Sea Sharks: Biological behaviour and survival
- The Story of Stuff: A sociological investigation into human impact on our environment
- The future of the Red Sea: Sustainable practices for our future
From time-to-time we will generate bonus sessions and material relating to emerging issues within our locality. To support our current campaign to ban dolphinariums in the Red Sea, we have designed a special session entitled:
No Tank You! Protecting our Red Sea Dolphins
Tasks & Activities: Assessing understanding and progression
Throughout the sessions pupils will engage a number of skills through a range of activities including: dramatic performance, speaking & listening, formal and informal presentation, ICT, art. It is possible for pupils to create a project book, collating their ideas and findings during their investigation and evaluation.
Tasks can be linked to APP to support teacher-pupil assessment.
Obtaining the program
Contact us for further information on our program, or download resources from our educational resources area.